General Summary: To motivate and assist Field Service Technicians in obtaining Field Service departmental goals. The Team Leader performs the same technical field functions as a Field Service Technician in addition to interacting with Field Service Management and Dispatch to ensure that their technicians perform quality work in an efficient and professional manner. The Team Leader will orientate new members to the team through the fostering of a team based attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentors and trains new Field Service Technicians in all aspects of Field work.
- Ensures 100% completion of required workloads within team territory by working with Technicians and Dispatch.
- Identifies problems within territory and initiates proactive solutions for the team.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment and recommends necessary repairs.
- Troubleshoots problems pertaining to breakdowns on customer equipment.
- Assists technicians in troubleshooting difficult repairs and demonstrates willingness to work alongside team members.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Conducts field inspections on technicians to ensure quality and performance meets or exceeds established goals and Company policy.
- Maintains part inventory and supplies in van.
- Enforces all safety procedures per Company Safety policy.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.