Field Service Technician General Summary:
To troubleshoot electro-mechanical problems, complete installations, and perform unscheduled repairs and scheduled maintenance on equipment, based upon customer demand and need. To provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and professional manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively analyzes problem situations pertaining to breakdowns of customer equipment and recommends to customer actions necessary to correct situation.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and promotes goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
- Observes, analyzes, and determines corrective course of action for service and repair of customer equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to correct analyzed situations in a professional and productive manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted customers according to Company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Accounts for 100% of paid time.
- Maintains part inventory and supplies in van.
- Maintains service van to ensure that it is clean, organized and hazard free inside and out
- Ensures that regular maintenance is performed on service van (i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs are performed.
- Performs factory authorized modifications per specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining personal tools required for performing the job effectively and safely.
- Responsible for following customer’s safety and housekeeping guidelines when performing repairs at customer site.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates